Graphic Design Course – A subcategory of Visual communication, Graphic Design, is essentially concerned with conceptualising, planning and communicating information, experiences & ideas basis the insights gathered through research with prospective customers, competition as well as market. Graphic Designers utilize textual content, graphics or visual elements like illustrations, photographs, images, typography etc. and create visual solutions to address communication challenges. Their services are in demand while designing comprehensive marketing & advertising campaigns, attractive websites, OOH, print materials & signage.
Furthermore, Graphic design also involves specializations like animation, motion graphics, website graphic designs, computer graphics etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To comprehend the scope of project, you will have to interact with the creative director and/or the client himself.
- Conceptualizing and designing an appealing communication that communicates the desired message to the target audience in an emphatic way such that it enhances brand recall and sales.
- Communicating and selling the designed concepts to art directors as well as clients
- Basis the feedback carry out the required iterations in design
- Reviewing final designs against any errors and then releasing it for publishing of the designs.
Types of Graphic Designs:
The Graphic Design course will equip you with competencies to be adept to handle various types of Graphic Designs which are as follows:
Visual Identity or Branding Design:
You are responsible for creating distinct visual brand identity for a company or product such that it has a high recall and is in sync with the company objectives besides connecting with the target audience.
- Deliverables: Logos, brand brochures, brand modules, signages, stationery including business cards & company letterheads, and much more.
Web design: Today a business is in existence if and only if they are present online. If the consumer wants to know about any product or company, they visit their websites first and then their actual showroom. For designing a website, services of a graphic designer are essential. Of course, you will need artistic skills besides a formal degree in UX Design, since it mentors you in developing user-friendly web pages without compromising on company’s brand values, aesthetics & SEO compatibility.
- Deliverables: Websites & Mobile Applications.
You work for publication houses and are responsible for creating attractive covers, layouts of the magazines or books or newspaper or any other reading material, how it will feel, the legible fonts, presence of illustrations or images, its look, hardback, soft back etc. In pursuit of the apt look and feel, you might also work in sync with writers and editors.
Now in this digital era, your work involves ways to make the content readable conveniently besides ensuring that it has a high reach.
- Deliverables: Magazine Covers, Book Covers, e-book design, illustrations, children’s book covers and drawings etc.
You utilize your artistic skills to conceptualize designs for packaging that not only boost shelf life but also communicate the brand positioning, usage direction, content, and price besides drawing attention, thereby contributing in sales and hence revenue.
- Deliverables: Packaging, lettering, and branding on paper boxes, canisters, foiled bags, poly bags etc.
You are responsible for creating motion graphics out of still images utilizing
specialised software. These motion graphics can offer both entertainment and educational content.
- Deliverables: Films, Cartoons, brand animation, TV shows, video games, etc.
Besides this, the Graphics Design Course also expose you with practical training through internships, participating in competitions and live projects etc.