Operating System – The term operating system comes from the English operating system, and in Spanish, it is sometimes indicated with the acronym ‘OS.’ An operating system is a software responsible for managing and coordinating the essential operation of various applications, hardware, and other resources used by the user on a computer, hence its importance.
In general, these systems offer the user a representation or graphical interface of the processes they carry out, a command line or instructions, window managers, among others, which are practical to use.
Also Read: Your Buying Guide to the Best Wireless Speakers
What are the Types of Operating Systems?
The operating systems have been creating so that the user can make easy and correct use of the various programs and hardware used in the computer. Below are the different types of operating systems most used.
Graphical environment operating system
A graphical environment is an operating system based on images and icons. It is characterizing by having a more intuitive character for the user through written language and images.
It allows us to carry out tasks such as opening files or simply accessing applications without writing commands. An example is the Windows XP operating system.also you can watch movies on 123movies org .
Android operating system
Android is a type of Linux-based open-source operating system owned by Google Inc., initially developing for mobile devices. It uses a variant of Java and provides a series of interfaces to develop application programs and access the different functions of the mobile device.
Windows operating system
Microsoft Windows operating systems make up a family of operating systems that Microsoft Corporation develops based on icons called ‘windows.’ It is one of the most used and popular operating systems worldwide. It has different versions (such as Windows 95 and Windows Vista) and comes with many applications. Watch movie at here doctor strange tamil dubbed movie download
What are the Classifications of the Operating Systems?
Operating systems are classified as follows:
And also, You can only run one task or program at a time. These are the oldest operating systems.
It is the operating system that can only respond to one user at a time.
They are those that allow several programs to run at the same time on one or more computers.
It makes it possible for the same program to being used on more than one computer.
IT allows more than two users to access the services and processing of an operating system simultaneously.
Although, The operating systems that work in real-time to the users.
What are the Features of the Operating system?
The main functions of the [operating system] intend to manage the various resources that the computer has, among which are:
- Coordinate the operation of the hardware.
- Manage the main memory of the computer.
- Manage information storage processes.
- Organize and manage files and documents.
- Although, Manage the computer’s programming algorithm.
- Run various applications.
- Through the drivers, it manages the input and output of peripheral devices.
- Coordinate routines for device control.
- Report on how the computer system is, that is, on how tasks are executing.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the system and computer.
- Manage the profiles of the users on the computer.
- Its primary function is to plan the tasks that are executing by the computer system.
- Allows you to run new functions on your computer.
- And also, You can fulfill multiple tasks.
- It allows the efficient use of devices and other computer resources.
- The algorithms it uses to make it possible for the use and operation of the computer or device to be efficient.
- And also, It provides the connection between software, hardware, and the user interface.
What are the Examples of an Operating System?
There are different examples of systems that have other versions that have different characteristics and functions:
Although, It is one of the best known for graphical interface and software tools.
GNU / Linux
It is one of the unique [operating system] for developing free software.
Mac OS X
It is the Macintosh [operating system], based on Unix, and that is installing on Apple computers.
Although, It works on mobile devices with touch screens and is built on Linux.
MS-DOS ( Microsoft Disk Operating System ):
In Spanish, Microsoft’s Disk [Operating System] was one of the most prominent operating systems in the 1980s. And also, characterized by displaying its commands on a dark background screen.
Also Read: What is the Importance of the Business Environment?